Saturday, June 30, 2012

Anticipation

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-A-N-I-N-E-S and Humans too)!

I just wanted to remind you all that next Wednesday, July 4th, is My Birthday! I will be 17 years young. My Human has been sorting our her old photos and she found some pictures of Me when I was a really tiny little kitten, which she would like to share with you all.

Here is the first - she thinks she took this one on the very day my human grandma and grandpa brought me to her. They thought I was a little girl kitty but my new Mummy took one look and set them right about that (MOL).





And here is another one from those very early days - Mummy says I always had "a bit of a tummy"...




And now comes one that makes me sad, Kitties - because it reminds me that this will be the first birthday I celebrate without Pixie being here to share it with me. Pixie would have celebrated her own 17th birthday ten days after mine, on July 14th - only the Great Cat in the Sky called her to Him and she flew away to the Bridge on December 23rd last year.


 
It looks like this was one of the few times Pixie got the upper hand over Me in a wrestling match. I don't remember that happening very often. I must have let her win...

Didn't we both have big ears? And eyes?

Anyway, what I wanted to say was, you are all invited to My Birthday Party. Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. Israel time...My Human has promised that besides Birthday Cake, there will be Fancy Feast in all my Favourite Flavours.
And maybe Smoked Salmon too  and possibly Anchovies...Oh, and of course, plenty of cottage cheese. I am very partial to cottage cheese. In fact, if you look closely on the first of the photos above, you might just be able to see some on my nose (MOL).
So don't forget! I'm looking forward to seeing you all and to opening .....

(Okay, okay, Mummy! I know it's Bad Form to ask for Presents.  I was not going to do that. 

No, truly. I was not...)

As I was saying - See you all on Wednesday ;-) 


Felinemarshall Sir Possum MagnifiCato KCB (Knight of the Cat Blogosphere) 

6 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

We'll definitely stop by to help you celebrate. 17 is pretty awesome -- elder statesman...statescat. :-)

CATachresis said...

What super pics of you and sweet Pixie, Possum. We will certainly try and be there for fancy feast and cottage cheese :)

GreatGranny said...

Hello, Possum. Those pics of you and Pixie are precious. Thanks fur the invitation. If Mom's innerweb behaves, I'll be there.

meowmeowmans said...

Oooh, 17 is a great age, Possum. Our cat Sammy is (at least) 17, too. :)

We will come back to help you celebrate on your special day!

Shalom, sweet friends!

Katie Isabella said...

You darling sweet boy. 17 years old. Your mommy has cared for you and your sister all of these years and you have had love enwrapping you all this time.

Dear Pixie has flown away, waiting for us all at the Bridge with our other loved kitties and doggies but on the 4th, it is YOUR day to celebrate and I will be there!

Katie Isabella said...

Today is Wednesday and your birthday. Happy Birthday dearest Possum. xoxoxox