Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the Fur-teenth

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-a-n-i-n-e-s and Humans too)!

It has been Very, Very, Very Hot all week and I am completely exhausticated! To make matters worse, my Human has been closing the bedroom window during the daytime, because we think there is a hornets' nest right outside it. We haven't actually seen the nest but we sure as *&^% have seen the hornets and they look really Big and Mean. My Human says she's going to have to get a Professional in to deal with the problem. In the meanwhile, we are having to rely on the air conditioning. But because of the extreme heat, everyone else is also leaving their air conditioning on and there have been power cuts all over the country. 

Today is my human grandpa's birthday. He is 85 years old. Happy Birthday, Grandpa!!! Speaking of birthdays - thanks to all of you who came to celebrate My Birthday with Me last week. As I mentioned in my previous post, tomorrow would have been Pixie's birthday. I wonder if they celebrate birthdays at the Bridge. I don't suppose they do - because, after all, at the Bridge, nobody gets older, one stays fur-ever young.

The paparazzi were out in full force this past week, and because it was so hot, I didn't have the energy to run and hide from them. All I could do to foil their nefarious schemes was to turn my head just as the shutter clicked. I have a sixth sense which tells me exactly when to do that (heh-heh-heh). Still, even I get caught napping on occasion, as you can see:





Right, I have to go now, Fellow Felines (etc.) and help Mummy prepare tonight's supper. It's very hard work, kitties, having to watch her and supervise and make sure she prepares everything exactly as We like it.


Shabbat Shalom to you all! Have a lovely weekend.


Possum the MagnifiCat





8 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Hot as can be here as well, Possum. We did get a break from the 100 + degrees F. however and some welcome rain.

I would keep the window closed TOO..and I hope your mom makes that call to get rid of those hornets quickly.

Pixie is a girl again and she will never grow old. She's at the Bridge with Admiral waiting for our mom's to come and get them. xoxoxox

Fuzzy Tales said...

Smart plan, to snooze through the heat and expend as little energy as possible.

Actually, some kitties celebrate their birthdays at the Bridge. Heck, a couple of kitties are getting married at the Bridge either this month or next, we just read that on someone's blog this morning. Maybe a bit over the top (lol), but whatever floats your boat! :-)

Stay cool!

Terri said...

You must stay away from those hornet--they are mean! We think you have the right idea to just snooze through all this hot weather!

meowmeowmans said...

It's been very hot here, too, Possum. We also think the best way to deal with it is to sleep and laze about. :)

Yes, Pixie is young and spry again at the Bridge. We are sure she is having a great time there with all of our angels. Maybe every day is like a birthday there. :)

Hugs to you and Mommy.

Shabbat shalom!

CATachresis said...

Shabbat Shalom Possum and a belated Happy Birthday to you. Sorry we didn’t make it on the day :((( It seems to have been hot everywhere except the UK. Cold wet and windy here. So what else is new? lol

Mariodacat said...

Oh dear - yes do stay far away from those nasty hornets., They have a nasty bite and really hurt when they sting.,

GreatGranny said...

Sweet Possum, I'm sorry Mom furgot your birthday. Belated happy birthday!, sweet Possum. And happy birthday to Grandpa too. I hope Mom gets rid of those bad hornets.
It's been awfully hot here too, but we've had some nice rain lately which helps.

The J-Cats said...

Oh, thank you. Yes, Mummy got rid of the horrid hornets. If you read her blog, you can find out all about it. And it's a bit cooler here now, too.

Possum the MagnifiCat